Back to people
Member of the Firm
Carolyn D'Anna is a Member of the Firm and Chief Operating Officer at SobelCo. Her career followed an ambitious trajectory from her start at a regional firm. While there, she rose through the ranks to become a Partner and then Chief Human Resource Officer. Carolyn's ability to collaborate effectively and drive high-impact solutions has been a significant advantage in those roles.
Throughout her professional journey, she has proven to be a thought leader internally and externally - and these traits have been so critical in her role at SobelCo. With experiences in areas from talent acquisition to using metrics to manage profitability, from designing the HR internet site to contributing to new branding and marketing materials, Carolyn can draw on her versatile 30+ year background serving as SobelCo's first COO. In addition, her leadership skills contribute to the firm's continuously growing reputation as a high-performance organization.
As COO, Carolyn has enabled SobelCo to focus on operating effectively, adhering to the firm's short-term plans while successfully executing long-term strategic objectives. In addition, her presence allows SobelCo to concentrate on the firm's top priorities, enable a higher degree of transparency, and accelerate the evolution of the firm's existing systems and protocols.
Professional Associations and Certifications
- Member, Society for Human Resources Management (SHRM)
- Member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Member of New Jersey Society of CPAs
- Member of New York Society of CPAs
- Member and committee member of Executive Women of New Jersey
- Board member of Seton Hall Accounting and Advisory committee
Community Involvement and Philanthropy
- Committee member, Eva’s Village
- Honored at Eva’s Village Lawyers, Accountants and Finance dinner
- New Jersey Society of CPAs Diversity & Inclusion Impact Award – 2017
- New Jersey “Best 50 Women” by NJBIZ – 2012
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting – Pace University, NY