Back to people
David Segelman, Senior Manager in the Tax Practice at SobelCo. He has over a decade of experience serving high net worth individuals and their families while working closely with Partnerships and S Corps in the New Jersey/New York market. David has earned a reputation for his experience in the real estate, manufacturing and distribution, retail, pharmaceutical, and transportation industries that complements his expertise in consulting owners in the middle-market, closely-held business community.
While David’s career has included serving in leadership roles in some of the state’s largest regional CPA firms, over the years, he has also assumed the role of CFO for wealthy families. As a result, he offers the SobelCo clients two exciting perspectives, one as an external trusted advisor CPA and the other as an internal resource. In this way, he has a broad consultative approach that gives the firm's clients an additional competitive advantage.
Professional Associations and Certifications
- Member, American Institute of CPAs
- Member, New Jersey Society of CPAs
Community Involvement and Philanthropy
- YMCA youth group leader
- Provided family financial planning to post 9/11 victims
- Local sports recreation coach
- Bachelors of Arts: Political Science, SUNY at Binghamton, Binghamton. NY
- Master of Science: Accounting, SUNY at Binghamton, Binghamton, NY
- Master of Science: Taxation, Fairleigh Dickinson University, Madison, NJ