Back to people
Doug Finkle is a Director in the Tax Department at SobelCo. With a career spanning more than twenty years, Doug brings a depth of knowledge and experience to the firm.
Over the years, he has developed strong competencies in handling tax compliance for corporations (including consolidations), partnerships, S corporations, and high net worth individuals. In addition, Doug is known for sharing his in-depth knowledge of tax laws and regulations, particularly by leveraging his broad involvement with tax planning and developing tax minimization strategies for clients. Drawing on this unique mix of knowledge of tax laws, Doug has proven to be an excellent problem solver who applies his strong analytical skills to help clients address their simple and complex issues. He also has expansive knowledge of preparing and reviewing tax provisions under ASC 740 Accounting for Income Taxes.
Furthermore, Doug specializes in serving companies in the manufacturing/distribution sectors, including in-depth knowledge of research and development (R&D) tax credits, uniform capitalization calculations for inventory, and tax accounting methods.
Professional Associations and Certifications
- Certified Public Accountant licensed in New Jersey
- Certified Public Accountant licensed in New York
- Member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Member of the New Jersey Society of Certified Public Accountants (NJCPA)
- Member of the New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants (NYSSCPA)
- BA Accounting, William Paterson University
- Masters In Taxation, Fairleigh Dickinson University