Back to people
Member of the Firm
Elizabeth Harper (Liz) is a Member of the Firm and Director of Quality Control and Employee Benefit Plan Audit and Consulting Group. As Director of Quality Control, Liz is responsible for reviewing all of the financial statements and service organization control (SOC) reports issued by the firm, and client correspondences, ensuring that the highest quality standards and the reports follow the established authoritative standards. In addition, Liz is dedicated to complying with the firm's internal quality control standards. This includes involvement with the engagement teams during all phases of the work, personnel training and development, and monitoring engagement quality. Liz is also responsible for client service of SOC, employment benefit plan (EBP) engagements, and other audits.
Liz brings relevant insights from her previous experiences at a "Big Four" firm and a local CPA firm to all clients she manages at SobelCo.
While at a local firm, Liz had a variety of responsibilities across various industries, which she draws on daily at SobelCo. From her years at an international firm, she can leverage what she gained by managing financial and internal control audits, quarterly reviews, and agreed-upon procedures with well-known clients. This global exposure adds value to the current SobelCo regional environment. In addition, it provides advantages as the firm continues to expand the number of national and international clients it serves in the coming years. By combining her private industry and public accounting perspectives, Liz can provide meaningful solutions to SobelCo's clients.
Professional Associations and Certifications
- Certified Public Accountant
- Member of the New Jersey CPA (NJSCPA) Society
- Recipient of NJCPA Volunteer Award 2018
- Named a Woman of Note 2016 by the New Jersey CPA Society
- Member of the American Institute of CPAs
- NJSCPA Accounting & Auditing Standards Interest Group Co-Chair (2015-2016)
- NJSCPA Accounting & Auditing Standards Interest Group Chair (2016-2017)
- Member of the Financial Women Association (FWA) and Committee Co-Chair for mentoring Program
- Serves as an active alumnus in recruiting efforts at Montclair State University and The College of New Jersey
- Participates in Allinial Global roundtables
- Previous speaker at NJCPA EBP Conference and NJCPA Essex Chapter Annual EBP Update
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration and Accounting, Montclair State University