Back to people
Member of the Firm
John Mellage is a Member of the Firm. He has extensive experience in food + beverage, manufacturing/distribution, nonprofit, and construction. Jonh's real-world, practical advice provides the firm's mid-size, privately-held clients with the knowledge they need to have a competitive advantage in the marketplace. Drawing on his deep knowledge gained by managing audits, compilations, reviews and other attestation engagements for clients of all sizes – from start-up entrepreneurs to established companies with revenue up to $400 million - has enabled him to add real value at SobelCo.
John's holistic approach mirrors the firm's commitment to using this philosophy when addressing clients' needs, analyzing key performance indicators, reviewing internal control systems, and conducting financial analysis to recommend solutions and suggestions to drive profitability.
Professional Associations and Certifications
- Certified Public Accountant licensed in New Jersey
- Chartered Global Management Accountant (CGMA)
- Member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) and the New Jersey Society of Certified Public Accountants (NJCPA)
- Member of the Professional Network Association of North Jersey
Community Involvement and Philanthropy
- Member of NJ Food Council, Governance Affairs Committee
- Treasurer, Local Boy Scouts Chapter
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting, Fordham University