Back to people
Joe Zapf, CPA, is a Senior Manager in the SobelCo Assurance Practice. He works in the firm’s Financial Services, Commercial, and Employee Benefit Plans practice areas. This three-prong approach increases Joe’s ability to add value to a wide range of clients across several vertical markets while also providing him with a diverse and interesting client base.
In his earliest days at the firm, Joe originally gained proficiency in delivering both tax and audit services for our clients. But over time, he realized he had a true passion for the financial services industry. As a result, he has primarily concentrated his efforts on supporting broker-dealers and various other financial services clients in recent years.
Since he began at SobelCo, Joe has served on the Data Analytics team, which focuses on expanding the use of technology in the accounting and auditing profession. Through the years, his role has evolved, and now he is responsible as a team leader, offering insights and guiding solutions and suggestions.
By narrowing areas of concentration, Joe has expanded his possibilities as he continues exploring many ways to serve the firm and our clients while also growing his competencies.
Professional Associations and Certifications
- Certified Public Accountant licensed in New Jersey
- Member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Member of the New Jersey Society of Certified Public Accountants (NJCPA)
- Member of the Morris County Chamber of Commerce Young Professionals
- Essex County Chapter of NJCPA
- 2023-2022 Immediate Past President
- 2022-2021 President
- 2021-2020 Served as Secretary
- 2020-2019 Board Member
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting, Ramapo College