Back to people
Kristen E. Crouchelli is a Senior Manager in the Nonprofit + Social Services and Client Accounting + Advisory Services (CAAS) Practices at SobelCo. She brings a depth of experience and passion to the nonprofit community. Kristen began her career by serving in a regional CPA firm’s nonprofit group. She then transitioned to a role as Controller for a large, multi-program social services agency in the state, where she managed the daily accounting functions, budgets, and annual audit of the financial statements and the employee benefit plan audit.
With dual perspectives gained from having had significant responsibilities as a CPA serving nonprofit clients and assuming the prestigious position as Controller working from within a nonprofit, Kristen has been able to apply her insights and real-world experiences, adding significant value to our team and our clients. Her current engagements primarily involve working with small to mid-sized nonprofit organizations with back-office accounting, tax support, and outsourced CFO functions.
Kristen’s commitment to the firm’s culture goes beyond her external client-centric philosophy to include her internal focus on being an effective mentor and role model for her colleagues. She specifically enjoys having the opportunity to assist in strengthening the nonprofit practice by taking charge of the team’s in-house technical training program.
Professional Associations and Certifications
- Certified Public Accountant licensed in New Jersey
- Member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Member of the New Jersey Society of Certified Public Accountants (NJCPA)
- Member of the AICPA and NJCPA Morris County Nonprofit Interest Groups
Community Involvement and Philanthropy
- Treasurer and Board Member, Hilltop Country Day School
- Member of the Morris County Chamber of Commerce Nonprofit Council
- Sponsor, Morris County Chamber of Commerce Annual Nonprofit Conference
- Speaker on nonprofit topics at the Morris, Essex, Hudson and Passaic County Chapters of the NJCPA
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting, Saint Joseph’s University
- Masters in Business Administration; Concentration in Accounting, William Paterson University