Back to people
Member of the Firm
Mariana Moghadam is a Member of the Firm and is Tax Leader of the firm's Real Estate practice group. With more than 20 years of professional experience in public accounting and private industry, her extensive background covers a full range of domestic tax entities (corporations, partnerships, limited liability companies, and REITs) and jurisdictions (federal, state, local, and multi-state taxes) as well as international matters.
Her deep knowledge encompasses all aspects of the real estate industry including acquisitions, refinancing, like-kind exchanges, tenancy-in-common structures, joint venture agreements, and structuring tax rehabilitation credits for a variety of clients, such as leading real estate owners, operators, investors, family offices, and developers. She recently has been involved in consulting clients on the implementation of Qualified Opportunity Funds.
Applying her unique perspectives internally, Mariana has been a course instructor and author on current tax issues and serves as a mentor and go-to person at SobelCo.
Professional Associations and Certifications
- Certified Public Accountant licensed in New Jersey and New York
- Member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Member of the New Jersey Society of Certified Public Accountants (NJCPA)
- Member of the New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants
Community Involvement and Philanthropy
- Community Food Bank of New Jersey
- NAIOP – Commercial Real Estate Development Association
- Bachelor of Arts in Accounting & Information Systems and Economics, Queens College of City University of New York