Back to people
Member of the Firm
Mary Ford is a Member of the Firm in the SobelCo Tax Practice. She brings a diverse professional background to the firm, enabling her to add significant value to our team and our clients. Starting her career at a Big Four firm, Mary specialized in tax in the corporate world, honing her skills at local and international corporations. Then, leveraging the knowledge she gained in addressing business challenges and tax concerns, Mary opened her firm focused on delivering extraordinary client service to individuals and mid-size businesses.
Mary’s diverse tax and accounting experience provide a solid basis for her well-regarded reputation. Still, her business acumen and her distinctive ability to relate well to clients are the core of Mary’s success as a professional, CPA, and trusted advisor. In addition, Mary is appreciated for her excellent customer service, helping clients understand complex tax-related matters and the effects on them and their businesses.
Professional Associations and Certifications
- Certified Public Accountant licensed in New Jersey
- Certified Management Accountant (inactive)
- Member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Member of the New Jersey Society of Certified Public Accountants (NJCPA)
- QuickBooks Desktop Pro Advisor, 2010
- QuickBooks Online Pro Advisor, 2015-present
Community Involvement and Philanthropy
- Treasurer, Chatham 9/11 Memorial Foundation, Inc.
- Treasurer, Chatham Twig, Morristown Memorial Medical Center Women’s Association
- Treasurer, Minisink Club Inc.
- Tri-County Scholarship Fund Student Mentor
- Masters of Science in Taxation, Seton Hall University
- B.S. Accounting, The University of Alabama