Back to people
Member of the Firm
Michael LaForge is a Member of the Firm at SobelCo. He has built a distinguished legacy as the original Member in Charge of three key niches, including the firm's Nonprofit and Social Services Practice, the Employee Benefit Plan Audit and Consulting Practice, and Assurance Practice.
Mike is the Member in charge of the Manufacturing+Distribution and Professional Services Practices, where he can draw on his strengths as a skilled technician and trusted advisor, providing strategic business and tax planning focusing primarily on domestic and international clients. In addition, as a former internal auditor with a Fortune 500 Company, Mike has assisted clients in adopting and implementing best operational and financial reporting practices and developing internal control structures appropriate for their particular enterprise.
He has served closely-held businesses his entire career and uses his experience to assist families with business planning, transition, and estate issues. As well as helping them plan and execute mergers and acquisitions, recapitalization, and refinancing.
Professional Associations and Certifications
- Certified Public Accountant in New Jersey and New York
- Chartered Global Management Accountant (CGMA)
- Member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Member of New Jersey Society of Certified Public Accountants (NJSCPA)
- Served on the Quality Control and Financial Institution Committees at the NJSCPA
- Appointed to serve on the Quality Review Executive Committee
- Served as the Vice-Chair of the Allinial Global North American Network’s Manufacturing and Distribution Committee
Community Involvement and Philanthropy
- Former Boardmember YMCA of Fanwood and Scotch Plains
- Finance Committee of St. Bartholomew the Apostle Church
- Volunteer Accountant for Various Parishes
- Dress for Success 2015 Gala Honoree
Bachelor of Science Degree, Seton Hall University