Back to people
CPA/CFF, CFE, MBA, CIT, CIGA
Member of the Firm
Rebecca Fitzhugh is a Member of the Firm serving in the Forensic + Valuation Services Practice.
She uses her technical and analytical skills to help attorneys unravel the financial and compliance puzzles their clients face to resolve their issues efficiently. In addition, she leverages her experience to advise corporate, nonprofit, and municipal clients concerning assessing and strengthening their fraud resilience and investigating occurrences of fraud.
Rebecca has served clients in government, construction, nonprofit, manufacturing, financial institutions, commercial real estate, and retail. In addition, she has provided expert witness testimony and expert reports in several shareholder disputes, commercial damages claims, corporate internal investigations, and other forensic accounting matters.
Rebecca is passionate about combating fraud by educating people and developing and presenting continuing legal education classes for attorneys.
Professional Associations and Certifications
- Certified Public Accountant licensed in New Jersey
- Certified in Financial Forensics by the AICPA
- Certified Fraud Examiner
- Construction Industry Technician
- Member of the Association of Inspectors General
- Certified Inspector General Auditor
- Member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Member of the New Jersey Society of Certified Public Accountants (NJCPA), currently serving on the Education Foundation Executive Committee
- Served as a Trustee from 2010 – 2012 and on the Content Advisors Board
- Member of the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners and served as treasurer of the New Jersey chapter from 2010 – 2014
- Member of Morris County Chamber of Commerce
- Named a “Woman of Note” by the NJCPA in 2012
- Served as an adjunct faculty member at New York University, teaching an exam review course for the Certified Fraud Examiner credential
- NJCPA Volunteer Relations Committee
Community Involvement and Philanthropy
- Chair of the Board of Partners for Women and Justice
- Past Treasurer of Partners for Women and Justice
- NJBIZ Vanguard Series: Accounting, inaugural class member
- Speaks on a number of fraud-related and financial topics
- Bachelor of Arts degree in Political Science, Union College
- Master of Business Administration degree, State University of New York at Binghamton
- Accounting and Tax – 30 credits, Seton Hall University