Back to people
Member of the Firm
Scott Shapiro, Member of the Firm in the Client Accounting Advisory Services (CAAS) Practice at SobelCo. He has spent much of his career applying his experience in business consulting to advise clients on financial and business matters to small and medium-sized businesses. In addition, Scott has been heavily involved in expanding the firm’s international tax and accounting practice, helping individuals meet their tax compliance requirements in the United States and assisting international businesses to set up operations in the U.S.
Scott manages his client responsibilities, leveraging his expertise and unique skills to bring practical solutions to the firm’s clients.
Professional Associations and Certifications
- Chairman, Alliott Global Mobility Committee – North America
- Certified Public Accountant; Chartered Global Management Accountant (CGMA)
- Member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Member of New Jersey (NJSCPA) Public Accountants
Community Involvement and Philanthropy
Scott has been actively involved with a variety of philanthropic endeavors across the state, including:
- Previous youth athletic coach and Member of the Board of Trustees for the U.S.R. Baseball Association
- Treasurer for the Circle of Life Children’s Center in Newark, NJ, a nonprofit caring for children with life-limiting illnesses
- Former Chairman of the Audit Committee for the Westport Country Playhouse, a nonprofit theater located in Westport, CT
- Bachelor in Business Administration, with a concentration in Accounting, Ramapo College